Come see how we make campfire breakfast sandwiches for a quick and tasty morning meal.
Our first trip out of the season was a quick overnight with minimal equipment. We borrowed our neighbor’s campfire to prepare our breakfast. We just had our grilling fork and a pie iron. Not sure it gets any easier than that. You may also prepare this breakfast on the grilling grate, but if the rungs are spaced too far apart use the fork.
Campfire Breakfast Sandwiches
The ingredients for these breakfast sandwiches are pretty straightforward.
We cooked the sausages over the fire with grilling sticks. The English muffins were toasted whole over the campfire. The eggs were cooked in pie irons.
These were really tasty! Sausage isn’t my favorite breakfast meat, but I gobbled it right up and there was no cheese on it.
What would you make for breakfast over the campfire?
- English muffins
- optional: cheese
- Place sausage on your grilling fork and heat over the campfire. I used a brown and serve sausage, which means it was precooked, so we just had to heat them up. You can also place your sausage on a grilling grate.
- Toast the English muffin either by putting on the grilling fork or placing open face down on the grilling grate.
- Add butter or cheese to the toasted muffin.
- Place a little butter or cooking spray on the inside of the pie iron.
- Break open an egg in the pie iron. Close the pie iron.
- Cook the egg over the fire. We cooked ours about 2 minutes per side. Check the egg to see if it's cooked fully. It should be the color of the sun.
- Assemble your sandwich and eat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300