Does your pizza loving family like to camp? Create these pizza sandwiches over the campfire on your next trip.
My kids love pizza.
They love all types of Pizza.
They want to eat pizza when we go camping.
Our latest creation is these pizza sandwiches made with English muffins.
Grilling them over the campfire gives them taste that just cannot seem to be duplicated at home.
Campfire Pizza Sandwiches Recipe
English muffins are such a versatile bread. We love to toast them up and smother them with butter.
We like to keep them special, so we do not buy them for home. But they are definitely in our shopping cart when we are shopping for camping.
We have toasted them over the campfire, pan-fried them, and made these awesome breakfast sandwiches.
This camping sandwich recipe is created in a pie iron over the campfire.
Get the recipe below.
How do those sandwiches look?
My teenage son made several and gobble them down.
What would you put on your pizza sandwich?
- English muffins
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepperoni
- Cooking spray
- Open up an English muffin.
- Place the desire amount of pizza sauce on the face of each English muffin.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Place three slices of pepperoni on one side.
- Carefully place the top half to create the sandwich.
- Spray the outside of each side of the sandwich with cooking spray.
- Put the sandwich inside a pie iron.
- Close the pie iron.
- Grilled the sandwich over the campfire for approximately 4-7 minutes per side or until desired crispiness.
- Eat and enjoy!