Here is a Cranberry Apple Dump Cake that would be perfect for Thanksgiving camping. You can also make it at home in your oven or on the grill.
I love cranberries! During the short season in which they are available, I buy a lot of them.
I love using them in both sweet and savory dishes.
I always have a dish or two on the Thanksgiving table with fresh cranberry in it. It is usually Fresh Cranberry Relish and some kind of roasted vegetables.
Over the weekend, I experimented with a bag of cranberries and came out with a hit.
Enjoy this delicious cranberry apple crisp made in the Dutch oven.
Dutch Oven Cranberry Apple Dump Cake Recipe
Like many of the Dutch Oven Dessert Recipes I made, this recipe calls for simple ingredients. You need fresh cranberries, Granny Smith apples, lemon juice, sugar, apple juice, a yellow cake mix, butter, and pecans.
How to Make Dutch Oven Apple Cranberry Dump Cake
While the charcoal is burning, prep the ingredients.
Get the rest of the recipe below.
The cake turned out well.
I tasted it when I took these photos and it was good.
I had a serving of it later after it cooled off and it was amazing!
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples
- squirt of lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup of apple juice
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- optional: 1 cup pecans
- Prepare charcoal for the Dutch oven.
- While the charcoal is burning, chop the apples and butter.
- Mix the chopped apples, cranberries, lemon juice, sugar, and apple juice in a bowl.
- Line the Dutch oven with a liner.
- Pour the cranberry apple mixture into the Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top.
- Layer that with the sliced up butter.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top of the butter. You can chop the pecans or leave them whole.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven.
- Place approximately 8 charcoal briquettes in a small circle on the group or in a foil pan.
- Place a dozen or so briquettes on the lid of the Dutch oven.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g