Here is a Cranberry Apple Dump Cake that would be perfect for Thanksgiving camping. Get the recipe at the bottom of the post.
I love cranberries! During the short season in which they are available, I buy a lot of them.
I love using them in both sweet and savory dishes.
I always have a dish or two on the Thanksgiving table with fresh cranberry in it. It is usually Fresh Cranberry Relish and some kind of roasted vegetables.
Over the weekend, I experimented with a bag of cranberries and came out with a hit.
Enjoy this Cranberry Apple Dump Cake made in the Dutch oven.
Dutch Oven Cranberry Apple Dump Cake Recipe
Like many of the recipes I made, this recipe calls for simple ingredients.
You need fresh cranberries, Granny Smith apples, lemon juice, sugar, apple juice, a yellow cake mix, butter, and pecans.
While the charcoal is burning, prep the ingredients.
Get the rest of the recipe below.
The cake turned out well.
I tasted it when I took these photos and it was good.
Here is another great Thanksgiving Camping Recipe
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples
- squirt of lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup of apple juice
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- optional: 1 cup pecans
- Prepare charcoal for the Dutch oven.
- While the charcoal is burning, chop the apples and butter.
- Mix the chopped apples, cranberries, lemon juice, sugar, and apple juice in a bowl.
- Line the Dutch oven with a liner.
- Pour the cranberry apple mixture into the Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top.
- Layer that with the sliced up butter.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top of the butter. You can chop the pecans or leave them whole.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven.
- Place approximately 8 charcoal briquettes in a small circle on the group or in a foil pan.
- Place a dozen or so briquettes on the lid of the Dutch oven.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g