Get ready for chocolate overload with this Death by S’mores recipe. We made it in an Dutch oven while camping, but it can be made at home.
Do you love S’mores?
S’mores are the most popular camping dessert out there. People just love the combination of chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. Nothing beats this taste. Obviously you are here because you love them too. You are going to want to check out our S’more Nachos and Frosting S’mores.
Death by S’mores Recipe
Since not everybody can seem to get enough s’mores, we have a brand new recipe for you. We made it last month at a campout, where our camping friend Sarah dubbed it Death by S’mores.
Of course, this recipe includes the classic s’more ingredients. We preferred to use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of chocolate bars. Get the ingredient list and directions at the bottom of this post.
When I came up with this recipe, I thought it was going to be a s’mores dump cake in the Dutch oven. It turned out more of the consistency of cookie dough, so we are not calling it a cake at all. It might be a different texture depending on the preparation method. We will test this recipe out in our oven at home soon. Whatever the consistency or name, you are just going to want to eat some more of it.
Some More S’mores Recipes
- 2 boxes of chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 sleeve of Graham crackers
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- 1 Devil's food chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- Regular marshmallows
- Light charcoal in a charcoal chimney.
- Put a liner into your Dutch oven. Directions from making your own can be found
- Mix the pudding, milk, and water together.
- Put the putting mixture into the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Break up the graham crackers and place them on top of the pudding.
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over the crackers.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows over the chocolate chips.
- Evenly pour the chocolate cake mix over the marshmallows.
- Cut the stick of butter into pats and place them on top of the cake mix.
- Put the lid on the Dutch oven.
- Place 6 coals under the pot and 12-14 on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Check for doneness and more time if needed. You might need to stir if the cake mix is still powdery at all.
- Add mini and regular marshmallows on top.
- Either replace the Dutch oven lid and put new charcoal on the lid OR use a food torch to toast the marshmallows.
We made this in a 10-inch Dutch oven.
If you want to bake this at home, put your oven on 350 degrees. Check it after baking 30 minutes and add more time as needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142