Grilled Nachos are fun to make over the campfire or on a grill. The recipe can be found at the bottom of the post.
It is no secret, we love to eat! We especially love to eat while we camp. There is just something tastier about food cooked over the fire or in cast iron.
We came up with these grilled nachos that are so delicious.
They are easy to customize to accommodate various tastes.
Find great camping recipes at the bottom of the post.
Grilled Nachos Recipe
The ingredients for this recipe can be varied depending on what people like. Diana and I like sweet potato nachos, while the kids like to use corn tortilla chips.
We also used onion, tomato, avocado, green chiles, black beans, taco meat made with ground turkey, and cheese.
Other toppings could include jalapenos, pinto or refried beans, or different meats.
We cook ours over a campfire in a foil pan. We also make it at home in a cast iron skillet.
Your cook time for this recipe will depend on how thick your nachos are and how hot the fire is. Our sweet potato nachos had to cook a lot longer than the tortilla chips.
Be careful as these are hot when they come off the grill. They cool off fairly quickly in a foil pan.
No need to dirty up any dishes. We even ate with our fingers, so there weren’t any utensils to wash.
Don’t those look delicious? We make them on most camping trips and every few weeks on the grill in our backyard. We will caution you that they are slow to cool off when cooked in cast iron. Please do not burn yourself!
Grilled nachos are a favorite camping meal of ours!
You will also love these fun camping recipes!
- tortilla chips
- ground meat
- taco seasoning
- beans of choice
- chilis or peppers
- Prepare the taco meat.
- Chop the toppings.
- Place a layer of tortilla chips in the bottom of your foil pan.
- Add a layer of desired toppings, including cheese.
- Continue to make layers until the pan is filled.
- Add a thick layer of cheese on top.
- Cover the pan with a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place on a grate over a campfire or on a grill.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and veggies are tender.
- Peel back the corner of the foil to check if it is grilled to your liking.
- Pull the pan off the campfire and eat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528