Create this easy DIY Roasting Forks Cover to protect your RV or camping gear during storage.
You ever come across a picture of a hack online and thought that is absolutely brilliant?
Well, we came across something this week on one of our Facebook camping boards that is a game changer.
Amy Coleman posted her Marshmallow Roasting Forks Cover Hack that she created from a plastic pencil box.
This cover is genius because it protects the end of the roasting fork so that it doesn’t damage your RV, camping gear, or even yourself when not in use.
We contacted Amy and asked her if we could feature her hack as part of the Let’s Camp S’more Mod Squad. She agreed, so here is her project.
DIY Roasting Forks Cover
We ended up using a pocket knife, which is not pictured with the supplies below.
Amy used shoelaces with her name on them for her cover. So cute!
Isn’t this a great idea? It is a big improvement over the plastic shopping bag we wrap around the ends of our campfire marshmallow forks.
Thank you to Amy for sharing this idea with everyone.
Do you have a unique camping hack or mod that you’d like to have featured here a Let’s Camp Smore? See our Mod Squad page and contact us so that you can be featured.
Pin one of these-
Check out these other Smart Camping Hacks
- campfire roasting forks
- a pencil box
- a marker
- a shoelace or ribbon
- drill & drill bits
- pocket knife
- Open up the pencil box and mark where your holes are going to be. Ours looks like a frowny face.
- You will need to cut a larger hole on the side for the forks and small holes on the bottom the box to wrap your shoelace through.
- The lid of the box will snap closed to hold the forks in place.
- We used a 7/8 drill bit to cut the holes in the side of the box. Amy cut her box with a different tool.
- We used a 7/32 drill bit to cut the two holes in the bottom of the box to string the lace through.
- When the drilling is done string your shoelace through the holes.
- Open up the box and lay your marshmallow roasting forks inside. This pencil box case will hold 4-6 roasting sticks depending on the size.
- Tie the shoe strings around the neck of the roasting forks to hold them in place. Closed the pencil box and your cover is in place.